This ever popular chinese dish is really easy to make. When you eat these deep fried vegetable balls in a soya sauce based gravy, do not let mundane things like the weighing scale bother you! just dig into these deep fried delights and enjoy!
For The Vegetable Balls
- 3 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 1/4 cups carrot , grated
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 5 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 3 to 4 clove of garlic(lehsun) , finely chopped
- 1 slit green chilli , finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp m.s.g powder (optional)
- salt and to taste
- oil for deep-frying
For The Sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic (lehsun) , finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 cup clear vegetable stock or
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 cup of water
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
For the vegetable balls
Combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, cornflour, plain flour, garlic, green chilli, ajinomoto, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
Shape spoonfuls of the mixture into small balls. If you find it difficult to form balls, sprinkle a little water to bind the mixture.
Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
For the sauce
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on a high flame. Add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and stir fry over a high flame for a few seconds.
Add the stock, soya sauce, cornflour paste, sugar and salt and simmer for a few minutes.
How to serve
Just before serving, put the vegetable balls in the sauce and bring to a boil.
Add some water or vegetable stock to thin down the sauce if it is too thick.
Shared by: Kajal Patel- email@example.com