Preparation Time: 55 Minutes
Serving: 8 People
- 2 1/2 Cups Maida
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Instant Coffee/Espresso
- 1 Tbsp Hot Water
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with butter paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar till the mixture becomes very light and creamy, Beat in vanilla essence and Stir in flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together instant coffee and hot water until coffee is dissolved.
- Divide biscotti batter into two parts. Add the coffee mixture to one portion and stir until well combined.
- Line up the coffee batter in a baking sheet to form log dough about 3 inches wide. Spread of the vanilla batter on top of the coffee batter, andspread to cover the coffee layer.
- Bake at 240 degree C for 20-25 minutes, until logs are a light golden color.
- Using a sharp, knife, slice logs into 1/3 inch thick slices and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Lower oven temperature to 160 c. Bake sliced cookies for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool and crisp. Store in an airtight container.
Hope your friends or family will like Friends Macciato Biscotti Italiano made by you! Stay tuned for more recipes from our chef.
Cook It Up is a weekly cooking column. Recipes being posted in the column is crafted by Gujarat’s Number 1 Chef, Aman Tandon. Column is being published on BuddyBits.com every Tuesday. Follow www.buddybits.com to read more articles from this column.