Have you just completed your Higher School Education, and wondering about selection of Engineering Branch?
Don’t worry this article will help you to know your interest in a particular branch. It’s very simple just give the answer of some question and then decide yourself that which branch do you like most or which branch suited to you according to your interest.
IT / Computer/ Computer Science Engineering
- Do you like computer ? (I am not talking about computer games and Internet)
- Do you want to do something new in computer ?
- Do you always experiment with your computer and surprise others ?
- Are you strong enough in mathematics and logic making skills ?
- Do you like puzzles ?
- Are you having a good IQ.
If you answer most of the question in yes then this is the branch for you and you are made for this branch. This branch require a good logic making skills and good aptitude ,innovation and hard work. If you are having all these things in you then go for this branch. Information Technology This branch require the same skills as in Computer science & engineering. There is a little bit difference in their syllabus content. There is no big difference as far as placement and job opportunity is concerned both the branch are equally good and well payed.
IT contains only software part. Where, CS contains Hardware part also.
Electrical/ Electronics/ Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Have you ever open your switch board and repair it ?
- Do you want to know the functioning of your home electrical appliances ?
- Do you want to know what is really going on in a computer CPU ?
- Are u interested in sensors & transistor ?
- Do you want to make your own robot ?
If yes then this is the branch for you, again there is a small difference in electrical and electronics most of the syllabus content are same. In most college theses are separate branches but in some college they are same. In short we can say that electronics is subset of electrical. As far as placement and job opportunity is concerned then it depend from college to college.
Mechanical/ Production Engineering
- Are you interested in bike and cars design ?
- Do you take interest in functioning of daily routine things ?
- Do you ask basic question to your teachers(i.e how this works ? how that works ?)
- Do you like physics ?
- Do you like to make some new mechanism ?
- Do you like to use your engineering skills for a common man life ?
if yes then you are at right place this is the branch for you. This branch require a real hard work. In most of the colleges mechanical and production are different branches but there syllabus content are more or less similar but in few college this is combine. There is a misconception that in this branch’s job opportunity are less as compared to computer science and electronics. Again it’s depend upon individual .This is called evergreen branch ,now a days there are a lot of job opportunity and money in this sector if you have talent and ready to work hard.
- Are you interested in building making ?
- Are you ready to rock the world by your talent ?
- Have you ever think how this can be done after seeing a building ?
If yes then this is the branch for you. There is a misconception that in this branch’s job opportunity are less as compared to others branch. It is not so, if you are hardworking and talented then there are a lot of opportunity in this sector.
I think now you can decide your branch.