Fast Facts about Facebook
- More than 800 million active users
- More than 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- More than 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- On average, more than 250 million photos are uploaded per day
- Has 130 Friends
- Spend an hour a day on Facebook
- Like 9 piece of content per month
- Leaves 25 comments a month
- Become fan of 4 pages a month
- Join 13 Groups a month
- Indonesia 149 %
- Italy 55 %
- Spain 52 %
- Argentina 48%
- To stalk once ex girlfriend/ boy friend
More Facts about Facebook
Facebook is Addictive
Psychologists have introduced a diagnosis FAD (Facebook Addiction Disorder) as a new kind of addiction.
How Women Really Feel About Their Facebook Friends?
- A recent survey found that for many women on Facebook, their true feelings about many of their Facebook friends might be less than friendly.
- The majority of female respondents said they had at least one friend who was a “drama queen” on Facebook.
- A majority also said they had at least one obnoxiously “proud mother” as a Facebook friend.
- 63% said complaining from Facebook friends was their number one pet peeve, with political chatter and bragging coming in a distant second and third.
- 83% of women in survey are annoyed at one time or another by the posts from their Facebook connections.
- 65% says, Share too many mundane updates too often.
- 46% says, “Like” too many posts.
- 40% says, Inappropriately or too frequently use Facebook to promote causes.
- 40% says, Project false information or images of a perfect life.
Fed Up With Facebook Friends?
84% of Facbook users admit to being annoyed by friends on Facebook. There are some interesting percentage of friends we have.
- 32% brag about their perfect lives.
- 16% are always posting updates about their precious kids.
- 41% post political views, I don’t agree with/aren’t interested.
- 63% complain all the time.
- 19% not applicable.
7.5 Million Facebook Users are below the Minimum Age
According to a new survey, 7.5 million profiles on the site are operated by users younger than 13 years old, the minimum age to have a Facebook account. According to a survey by Consumer Reports, a large majority of these kids on Facebook are under 10.
Out of 500 million Facebook users worldwide, Consumer Reports says 20 million are under the age of 18. Absent any manner of actually verifying a user’s age, kids younger than 13 can simply join the site by providing a false birthday.
Women say they’re increasingly addicted to Facebook
As if chocolate wasn’t addictive enough, a majority of women who use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter say they’re addicted to them, according to a recent survey.
- More than half (57%) of the women polled said they communicate with people more online than they do face to face.
- 39% called themselves Facebook addicts.
- Moreover 34% of those between 18 and 34 said that checking Facebook is the first thing they do in the morning — even before brushing their teeth or using the bathroom.
- 26% of women 18 to 34 who get up in the middle of the night to read text messages and the 21% who confessed to checking Facebook during the night.
- 31% of those polled said they are more confident about their online personas than they are about their real-life selves.
- 19% said they’ve gotten into arguments with loved ones about how much time they spend using their cell phones and PDAs (personal digital assistants).
- A full 37% of women between the ages of 18 and 34 reported falling asleep with their PDA in their hands.
- 63% of them said they use Facebook as a career networking tool.
- The study also noted that while only 44% of women 18 to 34 trust Facebook with their private information, 56% of Twitter users think it’s OK to tweet their current location.