Parag Desai is an executive director and a fourth generation entrepreneur in the Wagh Bakri Tea family. He shared insights from the Wagh Bakri Tea Company with upcoming entrepreneurs and students at eChai Insights held at PDPU, Gandhinagar, yesterday. BuddyBits.com exclusively covered the event. Here we brought to you insights from Wagh Bakri tea Group.
Parag Desai is spearheading the sales, marketing and international business divisions. In the last 15 years, under his ingenious and visionary leadership, the Wagh Bakri group has successfully launched various new brands and innovative products in India as well as the globally. He is also responsible for the expansion of the company in various new markets and new formats like Wagh Bakri Tea Lounges in Mumbai and Delhi.
Parag Desai holds an MBA from the Long Island University, USA. He was the first Indian to win the ‘All America Direct Marketing Award’, held annually between graduate students across all universities in the USA.
Parag Desai (Executive Director, Wagh Bakri Tea Group) at eChai Insights
Insights from Wagh Bakri Tea Group
- Wagh Bakri Tea is one of the Top 3 Tea Production Companies of India.
- Wagh Bakri Group was the first one to bring packaged tea in India.
- Parag Desai and his team personally taste thousands of cups of tea every morning themselves!
- Wagh Bakri Tea Lounges situated in Delhi and Mumbai are not making any profit! In fact expenditure is higher than the income!
- Wagh Bakri Tea is the only tea brand of India which is certified with Lacon GmBH Organic Certification.
- Wagh Bakri has secured its place among top 100 popular brands in India as per survey undertaken by AC. Nielsen’s in Brand Equity’s survey of India’s biggest FMCG Brands, 2002.