Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Serving: 4 People
- 2 tablespoons split channa dal (bengal gram lentils)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, blanched, drained and roughly chopped (palak)
- 1/4 cup green peas, boiled
- 1/4 cup low-fat panir, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pressure cook the lentils, ginger, garlic and green chillies with 3/4 cup of water for 2-3 whistles or until the lentils are cooked.
- Drain and discard the water.
- Combine spinach, the cooked lentil mixture and greenpeas in a blender.
- Blend to obtain a coarse paste without any water.
- Add paneer, chaat and garam masala powders.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts and shape into flat kebabs.
- Roll the kebabs in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Cook the kebabs on both sides till golden brown.
- Drain on clean kitchen paper towels.
- Serve hot.