Semolina – 2 cups
Maida flour – 1/2 cup
Rice flour — 1 cup
Oil to fry kachoris
Curd of yogurt – 2 cups, beaten and wheyed
Onion – 2, chopped
Ready chana masala – 1/4 cup
Bhalle or Vadas – 10
Sweet chutney – 1 cup
Green chutney – 1 cup
Sprouts – 1 /2 cup, cooked
Bhujia/ sev – 100 gms
Potato – 5, cooked and diced
Coriander leaves – 1/3 cup, chopped
Dhaniya powder – 1 tsp, roasted
Jeera powder – 2 tsp, roasted
Red chilli powder to per taste
Water as required
Salt as per taste
- Mix semolina, rice flour andmaida flour with water and make a stiff dough.
- Divide and make10 pedas.
- Roll into 6 inch discs and fry on medium flame. They will puff up.
- If the puris are not crisp after cooking, try again.
- Cool the crisp fluffy kachorees before stuffing.
- Punch a hole in the kachori. Put 2 crushed vadas (or bhalle), a tbsp of chana masala, a little sprouts, 1 tbsp potatoes and 1 tsp onions.
- Pour yogurt to cover the kachori.
- Garnish with green chutney and sweet chutney, a pinch of the dry powders and salt.
- Sprinkle bhujia and coriander leaves and serve.
Cook It Up is a weekly cooking column. Recipes being posted in the column is crafted by Gujarat’s Number 1 Chef, Aman Tandon. Column is being published on BuddyBits.com every Tuesday. Follow www.buddybits.com to read more articles from this column.