Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Serving: 4 People
- 4 Cups Milk (Use Skimmed Milk, if you want to reduce fat content.)
- 250 GM Sugar Candy or Artificial Sweetener to taste
- 80 GM Almonds, Blanched and Peeled (You can use ready blanched ones.)
- 50 GM Pistachios, Blanched and Peeled
- 1/2 Table Spoon Green Cardamom Powder
- 1 Table Spoon Gulkand/ Rose Water
- A few fresh Rose Petals. (These are wild rose petals, insecticide free. If unavailable then it can be substituted with Rose Syrup.)
- Few Ice Cubes
- 150 GM Srabdi (readymade)
- Boil the rose petals in 500 ml water on a slow flame to extract natural color& essence of fresh natural rose flowersieve out all the blanched rose petals.
- Add sugar to this rose blended water and make a homemade rose syrup and refrigerate to cool.
- Place remaining all ingredients, except ice, in a blender & grind until smooth. It takes only a few sec.
- Add the dry fruits paste to the milk, sweeten and flavour it with the stewed rose syrup.
- Place a couple of ice-cubes in each glass & pour over the milk shake.
- Garnish with a few rose petals in each glass
- Traditionally this fantastic rejuvenating drink should be poured in an earthenware pot/glass and set overnight to impart the classy porous taste.
- Serve cold garnished with a heart shaped rose and flakes of almonds to give the crunch of a taste, laced with the creamy rabdi.
Cook It Up is a weekly cooking column. Recipes being posted in the column is crafted by Gujarat’s Number 1 Chef, Aman Tandon. Column is being published on BuddyBits.com every Tuesday. Follow www.buddybits.com to read more articles from this column.