Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Serving: 4 People
- 5 Slices Bread (Preferably Rice Flour Home Made Bread)
- Ghee for Frying
- 250 GM Thick Rabri
- 1 Sheet Silver Leaf (Optional)
- Almonds/ Cashew Nuts/ Pistachio (Thinly Sliced) For Garnishing
- 50 GM Rose Candy (Gulkand)
- 100 GM Mava/ Khoya
- 150 G Sugar
- 50 Ml Water
- 1 Pinch Cardamom Powder
- 1 Pinch Saffron (Dissolved In 1tsp Hot Water)
- Remove crust from the bread and cut them each in four triangles or heart shapes.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan and fry the heart shaped cut bread slices, one at a time on both sides till they get golden brown and crispy.
- Make thick sugar syrup by boiling the listed ingredients for syrup.
- Soak bread slices in the sugar syrup for five minutes, while the syrup is still hot for easy absorption enabling each slice to optimize sweetness and get that butter soft texture.
- Arrange the slices on a platter and top it with chilled rabdi.
- Mix mava and gulkand and arrange on the hearts. Sprinkle with fresh rose petals.
- Garnish with silver leaf and slivered nuts. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Cook It Up is a weekly cooking column. Recipes being posted in the column is crafted by Gujarat’s Number 1 Chef, Aman Tandon. Column is being published on BuddyBits.com every Tuesday. Follow www.buddybits.com to read more articles from this column.