Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Serving: 4 People
- Kiwi Fruit : 4
- Fresh Mint Leaves : 1/4 Cup
- Fresh Coriander Leaves : 1/4 Cup
- Cumin Seeds, Roasted : 1/2 Teaspoon
- Ginger : 1/2 Inch Piece
- Black Peppercorns : 5-6
- Sugar : 3 Tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Black Salt (Kalanamak) : 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice : 1 Teaspoon
- Roast kiwis in tandoor or in an oven at 150°C for half an hour or till they are soft.
- Cool the kiwis, peel off skin, transfer into a bowl and crush with hand or with a wooden spoon to a smooth pulp.
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, ginger and black peppercorns to a smooth paste.
- Blend kiwi pulp with sugar, salt, black salt and lemon juice. Add mint-coriander paste and mix well. Strain.
- Add four cups of water and mix well.
- Put some ice in individual glasses, pour the panna over and serve chilled.
Cook It Up is a weekly cooking column. Recipes being posted in the column is crafted by Gujarat’s Number 1 Chef, Aman Tandon. Column is being published on BuddyBits.com every Tuesday. Follow BuddyBits to read more articles from this column.