Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
Serving: 4 People
- ½ kg mutton mince
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin ,red chilli powder each
- 1 teaspoon coriander , garam masala powder each
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, chopped fine, 3 green chillies, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons roasted gram flour
- 2 tbsp homemade green coriander relish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 4 tbsp Couscous parboiled and dried with salt .
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 tbsp whole garam masala
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Wash and cook mince with 1 cup water, salt, whole garam masala until cooked and all liquid dries up, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, add cooked mince and onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies, and all spice powders and relish.
- Add beaten egg and gram flour and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the mixture binds well later.
- Peel the hard boiled eggs. Encase each egg into a dollop of the ready mince mix and let it stand for 30 mints in refrigerator to firm.
- Moisten the couscous with egg white –remaining left and pack the entire egg bombe with a smooth layer of couscous. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Fry the koftas.
- Slit and serve, halves lengthwise. Sprinkle with chaat masala and serve well garnished with TZATZIKI (greek yoghurt).
Hope you learned to make Koufteh Tabrizi well. Stay tuned for more recipes from our chef.
Cook It Up is a weekly cooking column. Recipes being posted in the column is crafted by Gujarat’s Number 1 Chef, Aman Tandon. Column is being published on BuddyBits.com every Tuesday. Follow www.buddybits.com to read more articles from this column.