Ahmedabad: Do you have an amazing idea for a new app? Know how to code your idea into reality? Looking for some mentor to develop the app? Then the eChai App Challenge is the place for you! eChai and FirstTouch in association with MeraVenue.com are presenting the eChai App Challenge, to bring together developers , designers, professionals, and entrepreneurs to build mobile apps in 24 hours, compete for cash prizes, meet the community and develop skills, interact with other domains experts and more importantly to get an eChai experience.
As we know, eChai promotes entrepreneurial culture among youth through entrepreneurial programs, skill-based challenges and Web Television and this App challenge is yet another innovative concept by eChai. We BuddyBits.com are official online media partner of the event.
Is the eChai App Challenge for you?
It is, if..
- You always wanted to build that app but was waiting for something to happen.
- You are looking for that technical co-founder for your business ideas, eChai App Challenge can help you build your team, build prototype, compete with others and learn a thing or two of working with your potential co-founder.
- You want to be part of the movement to make Ahmedabad the hub for technology innovations and hacker culture.
- You are professional and want to build awesome stuff, which may have not been tried otherwise, or want to showcase your skills to the community.
- You are a student and want to meet mentors, test your skills with peers, gain knowledge pursue excellence
- The apps built at eChai App Challenge will be judged by the team of jury having greater experience in Building highly successful mobile apps.
- Judging Criteria includes novelty of idea, practicality, creativeness, simplicity, is it solving a problem or not, what would be the potential impact or the opportunity for the same.
- You’ll be required to code the entire app during the eChai App Challenge only, your app will be judged on the work you have done at eChai App Challenge, not the previous work that you have done.
- Jury Choice Award: 3 best applications as per the jury. The first prize would be worth Rs. 15000, second Rs. 10,000 and the third prize will be worth Rs. 5000 cash.
- People’s Choice Award: the partners, stakeholders and all the contestants will be putting in money according to their will, whether it is 100, 500 or 1000. All the money collected in this way will form ‘People’ Choice’ category. This prize money will be given on the basis of number of votes and will be distributed equally among the top 3 teams.
Planning to participate?
These details will guide you for the same.
- eChai App Challenge is basically a free to participate contest and you just have to fill a form for the confirmation of participation.
- Each team will have a total of 4 members.
- Contestants are supposed to bring their laptops, phones, internet dongles and other required devices needed to build the application.
- The contestants will be offered full infrastructure support as well as supply of Chai/Coffee continuously.
- Contestants will have to manage lunch and dinner on their own but can also purchase food from the IIMA canteen.
|4th January 2013||9.00 am-9:30 am||Registration|
|9.30 am – 11.30 am||Idea Pitches and team formation|
|11.30 am – Till the end of Night||Building the App (Experts ranging from App Developers to Business Domain Experts UX designers will be there to guide teams)|
|5th January 2013||9.00 am – 12.30 pm||Building The App|
|2.00 pm – 5 pm||App Demos and Award Ceremony|