Surat: In Hindi there goes a saying, ‘Ang Daan Maha Daan!” (Organ donation is the biggest donation). It holds true since organ donation saves lives. There are many medical, government & non-government organizations which have come forward to help people as organ transplant is a complex and expensive process.
Nowadays Kidney disease is comparatively more common because of prevailing diseases like diabetes etc. Narmada Kidney Foundation is a Mumbai based organization. It is one of the NGO’s that aim to create awareness & help people suffering with kidney disease. Narmada Kidney Foundation was founded in the year 1993 and the foundation believes on the principle, “life shared life lived”.
Their Mission is to:
- Help people take care of their kidneys and prevent kidney diseases.
- Help patients in disease detection.
- Help patients and their families understand kidney diseases and options for treatment.
- Provide a support group for kidney patients and to help them cope with the disease.
- Promote cadaver organ Donation.
- Promote Organ transplantation.
- Create awareness.
On November 30, 2014 Narmada Kidney Foundation is celebrating as “Organ Donors Day” to create awareness amongst people. A drawing competition is to be held on the same day for all the students of Surat at Art gallery, Science centre, City light, Surat.
They have taken a good initiative, participate & share with as many people and help being a part for a good cause.