So Facebook is the marketing boom from last four years, as we all know. Facebook Ads has capability to takeover online advertising giant Google Adwords. And Facebook is just on the way. But is Facebook Advertisement suggestible for online marketeers? Is it better than Google Adwords? Is it cost effective? Well, I am using Facebook Ads from quite a few months now. And I have experimented with everything on Facebook Ads since last two years. So I will give you my review about Facebook Ads. You can decide if you want to invest in Facebook or not.
Facebook Advertisement Review
Admit it, more than 80% of your customers are online. And online means on Facebook. On average a person spends 21 minutes of his day on Facebook! Isn’t it amazing? Now for a business targeting directly to consumers, Facebook is highly recommended as all your customers are on Facebook. In today’s world of digital media, “Jo dikhta hai woh bikta hai.” (What is seen is sold.) falls completely true. When you are constantly showing your products to your target audience, there are higher chances that they will buy it. And even if they don’t buy, your brand will always be there in their minds if you are promoting your products through a good marketing campaign.
Now as I am so lazy to write detailed paragraphs, I will write down some advantages of Facebook Ads in points. Have a look.
- Facebook Ads are cost effective. (If planned strategically.)
- You can reach to more than 1000 people in just rupees 40!
- You can set your target audience based on geographical area and interests.
- Interest based targeting is the best feature of Facebook.
- You get detailed analytics of all your advertisements.
- There are chances of your content going viral. (Either spent hours on content strategy or wait for luck.)
- Yes. Your content going viral on Facebook is not really in your hands. Sometimes it goes viral when you haven’t even thought of it.
- If your content goes viral on Facebook, you can even reach to more than 10,000 people in 40 rupees.
- Facebook ads help you in branding.
- Facebook helps you to communicate with your customers.
- You can acquire new customers, you can retain your customers and you can even regain your lost customers through Facebook.
In short, Facebook Advertisement is all about content. If your content is good, it will reach to more people in same budget. If your content is not good, you might even get less than 200 reach in same 40 rupees. And that is one of the drawbacks of Facebook ads.
There are two ways you can market your product on Facebook.
- Either design your content in such a way that it hits Facebook users.
- Or spend more and more money.
If you are not-so-good with content. You don’t need to worry. You can always spend a lot of money to make your content viral. Yes, companies do that too! If your content doesn’t have the potential to reach more audience, set your Ad budget to 5000 rupees and see the magic.
Content is the king. But you can buy the king on Facebook.
I would like to give you two examples here. ScoopWhoop (online media brand) gets very good organic reach because their content is pretty cool. You will instantly hit like button or click on their links out of curiosity. And that is why they are one of the most popular online media brands in India. And there is other brand in same domain, whose content is not-so-good. But they have money! So they are getting conversations from Facebook. So you don’t need to worry even if you are not good with content. You can always invest money to get started with Facebook ads.
We have tried both with BuddyBits. We have experimented with both organic and paid reach. You might not earn what you’ve invested if you are into blogging or digital media. But for other B2C businesses, I would suggest Facebook Ads.
Facebook Advertisement is recommended from me. If you are running a B2C business, Facebook Ads are highly recommended over Google Adwords. As it fulfils multiple purposes, advertising and branding. Facebook ads are also cost effective if planned strategically. So overall, thumbs up for Facebook Ads.