30 Facts about Social Media that will Blow your Mind

2 min

30 Facts About Social Media That Will Blow Your Mind

We use it daily! Social media has become an integral part of our life and it is so awesome that most of us can’t get enough of it! But there are so many facts we are heedless of. We thought we’d make it known for you and made a list of just 30 awesome internet social media facts.

1. Social media users have bloomed by 176 million in the last year!

2. 1.65 billion active mobile social accounts in the world!

3. Everyday, about 1 million active users are added. That’s 12 users per second!

4. Google had indexed 30,000,000,000,000 pages of the internet till 2014.

5. Social networks earned about $8.3 billion from just advertising in 2015.

6. Facebook registers a total of 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users!

7. Google search runs about 100 billion times a week!

8. There are about 1,000,000,000 mobile videos per day!

9. Google search uses 0.01% of the worldwide electricity to run!

10. The average mobile social media use lasts for about 40 minutes.

11. Users upload about 300 hours of videos every minute on YouTube.

12. 3.5 million Instagram pages are liked per day.

13. Over 3 million companies have created LinkedIn accounts.

14. There are 76 different languages available to view YouTube! That covers about 95% of the people on the internet.

15. Facebook has 1.55 billion monthly active users.

16. Pinterest saw a growth of 120% percent in male monthly users

17. 98% of users use Instagram on mobile devices and the rest 2% use it on their computers.

18. Tumblr has 230 million active users!

19. 91% of mention in the tweets are made by the users with less than 500 followers.

20. About 53% of tweeters expect an immediate response from the brand within a span of 30mins to 1 hour.

21. Study shows that most of the retweets occur at night hours.

22. Only 38.6% of people in the world are online.

23. Mobile device sin India totals to 72% of total we traffic.

24. 600 million people use WhatsApp!

25. 39 million students have their account on LinkedIn.

26. Most of the Instagram users are below 30.

27. On Pinterest, 88% of the people actually buy the products they pinned.

28. 80% Pinterest users are females.

29. SnapChat has been valued about $20 billion!

30. Most of the retail brands use more that on social media channels to advertise.

(Photo Courtesy)

Like it? Share with your friends!

A blue-sky engineer with a pneuma of writing. An animal lover, food experimenter and a happy-to-go bloke who loves to travel and discover himself. A staunch F.C Barcelona & Lionel Messi votary! A non-staff lensman on the side.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Choose A Format
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals

Send this to a friend