1. Talk to your current customers and Keep them delighted. Keep them happy. Know their hurts. Talk to them more, a simple hello can put anyone at an ease! It will help you make a conversation. Even if they don’t, you should talk to them. Nobody owes you anything. Success is owed to you only if you put in efforts. You start first! Keep them delighted, stay in touch with them!
It is simple. If you want any transactional hacks, you need to build relationships. To build any relationship, there has to be a conversation. So talk, and by talking it doesn’t only mean on phone or social media. Client visits will get you more toasts than any other way ever will.
2. While meeting them the first time, you can learn more about the client simply by waiting a few minutes at the reception when you are before time. Do a Good research. It will help you ask intelligent questions. Never ask a client about “what you do?” I mean seriously, Please do your homework before stepping in.
3. Don’t share your brochure with them or any kind of pamphlets or your presentation except your ‘visiting card’ because it will make them busy reading those instead of listening to you carefully and that is never a proper communication. And while communicating, make sure you ask better questions.
4. The questions should be intelligent. By intelligent, it means all the objections should be solved in a meeting. Dig most information that you need to help them. Also when you get deeper and better information on client’s requirements help them by spreading wider in marketplace. Connect them to people who you know can help grow their business as well. it is always a give and take thing
5. Build relationships with value, help your clients build their businesses, give them ideas they can use for their profit, because when they grow, they help you grow!
6. While pitching a new client, If they ever make you wait for long, or use their phone when you are around a lot, know that he is not a Good Client Also, never start with “I know you have been keeping busy” or “i won’t take your more time”. Sales is a process which can only be made with proper communication. It will take as much time as it has to take. In the process of sales, do not ever forget that your time and you are valuable too. It has to be win-win for both. Every individual has its own value.
7. Build your reputation. If you become known as a person of value, clients will seek you. As they say, hustle till you no longer need to introduce yourselves! By reputation, it also means on social media reputation. Don’t post your sob stories ever or negative things about your clients. Social media is totally in fashion and times are gone when people made sales only through the old school kinds on phone. Well, it doesn’t really mean it won’t happen through phone but now it’s all about Corporate /Personal branding.
8. Study at least 1 book a month on business – sales, marketing and strategies! Keep yourself inspired by books, quotes or anything that keeps you motivated but just know, only reading them and liking good posts scrolling on Internet never helps. What you need to do is act on it with a plan. Just thinking about it doesn’t really help!
9. The new Fashion is the internet which includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest etc. Your active profiles on these networking sites helps you to remain top of mind among clients and agencies and potential would be free recommendations and new clients!
10. Be Creative. Upgrade every action you take, presentation you make, proposal you send to the agencies. The obvious is boring, the Boring is no Curiosity, the no curiosity is NO SALE! Be Creative, make people curious about you.
11. In all your free office hours, make more number of cold calls. Make sure to call at least 5 people or 5 companies you think can be your potential client! A ghost call, cold call or any kind of call. Just TALK! Cold calling is also out of the trend. it’s more like old schools. Try meeting them instead, try calling only if you actually cannot visit and that you can talk in a simpler and understandable language.
12. Set Daily Goals and daily actions. Making 150 calls in a week might seem daunting, but 5 calls a day seems doable. if not 5, 3 at least. Trust me, if you do so, you will never complain about having less projects! Similarly, meeting 2-3 People (potential clients) a week is doable. Meetings help you know clients hurts better. The more clients are in pain, the more work windows open for you.
13. Doing your preparation and research about the potential client makes all the difference to the quality of the visit outcome.
14. People often lie. By people, I mean clients could be, would be lying.
15. If the client is not talking more than you do, it isn’t a sale.
16. Learn to accept rejections. Yes, everyone will not understand your worth. If a client says no, it simply means not at the moment. May be he has work for you later. Don’t get demotivated in just a few attempts. Coke made only 25 sales in its first year and the world knows coke today!
17. Everybody will not pay you your price. But it’s okay, some will. Keep those some on priority. Plan a schedule, adjust the rest and keep them in the second or last priority. There is always work, plenty of it. You should just know how to find it!
18. Don’t keep your things like phone, keys, documents, folders ever on a client’s table. The phone should never ring in front of them! Don’t dress to kill, dress professionally, decent clothes and a smile that you wear gives you a ticket.
19. When a client asks you your commercials or explains you his payment structure. That’ s the time you’ve made a sale! This magic happens when you meet clients and never leave the room before asking for referrals!
(Featured Photo Courtesy)