Shakespeare is one of the greatest writers of English that ever existed on this planet! He has beautifully penned down in numerous share of quotes from his heart. Here we bring you some very best quotes of William Shakespeare.
1. The course of true love never did run smooth.
Path of the true love is never easy. It may seem like the best thing in the world, but the path to a successful loving relationship that runs till the end is filled with countless obstacles and challenges. It is not true love unless and until it can survive all the challenges and optical successfully and make it to the end.
2. To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
If you want to be loved and trusted by other people, you must always be honest and straightforward. You should never lie to anyone even once. Unless you cannot be true and honest to yourself, you cannot be true and honest to anyone else in this world
3. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
Love does not look at the reason with the eyes, but it looks at the reasons with a pure heart. This is the only reason the God of love that is ‘Cupid’, is painted blind. Love is never affected by any kind of foreign judgement or any reasons.
4. Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
You should not be afraid of the greatness of people. Some people are just born great while others achieve greatness through immense hard work and turmoil. Some people even have the greatness thrust upon them that enables to do great things in life!
5. Be patient, for the world is broad and wide.
A person should always be patient and calm in this world. There are so many things to do and so much of time left remaining for you to do them!
6. Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.
It is always better to be early than late. Being on time is important. It shows the character of a person and also saves you from any troubles!
7. The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
A fool will never think of himself as wise, But, a wise man will always know if he is acting like a fool. Admitting yourself of being a fool is a gentleman’s job and not all can do it.
8. This above all: to thine ownself be true. And it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
You should always be yourself. Being yourself is above all and is the purest form of yourself! Even if you try to be somebody else, you will miserably fail. You are unique and there is no one else that can resemble you and vice versa!
9. Time travels in diverse paces with diverse persons. I’ll tell you who time ambles withal, who time trots withal, who time gallops withal, and who he stands still withal.
Time runs at different speeds for different people. Somebody can do the job quickly while somebody else take time. You should always be yourself and do your job according to your own pace If you take your own time and never be hasty, you will definitely succeed. Remember, slow and steady wins the race?
10. Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
You must love everyone with an open heart but hardly trust anyone. And, the most important thing is never to do wrong to anyone!
11. If music be the food of love, play on.
You must play on the music because, music is the food of love. When music is played, it spreads love all around!
12. All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.
This world is like a stage and in this world, all men and women are like characters of a play. When they are born, they enter into the world and when they die, they exit the world. And, each man and woman plays umpteen different roles during the span of their life.
13. Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.
While taking life decisions, you must always be very wise and slow. People who run fast in their life and make their decisions in a haste, mostly always fail.
14. All’s well that ends well.
No matter how much bad it is. If something ends well, then all is well!
15. My Crown is in my heart, not on my head.
Not deck’d with Diamonds, and Indian stones:
Nor to be seen: my Crown is call’d Content,
A Crown it is, that seldom Kings enjoy.
A man’s real crown is in his heart, not on his head. The crown is not engraved with Diamonds, neither does it have Indian stones melded in it! This is the crown that can never be seen. This crown can never be enjoyed by all the fancy king and dictators. It is only for the men who are humble, kind and honest!