Benefits of Honey over Sugar

2 min


Benefits of Honey over Sugar

What do you think…which one is better – Sugar or Honey? Confused! We have some reasons to give you that which one is better. Here are ten points which will make it clear if honey is better or sugar!

#01

Sugar and honey both contain glucose and fructose. In the process of making sugar, the organic acids, protein, nitrogen elements, enzymes and vitamins in the sugar cane are destroyed, whereas honey is a natural sweetener.

#02

A spoon of sugar has 16 calories while a spoon of honey has 22 calories. Though honey has more calories, as it is already naturally sweet, we definitely do not need as much as a spoon. This will automatically reduce your intake of having sweeter things.

#03

As honey is a natural sweetener, it is high in vitamins and minerals. As sugar lacks on the good stuff, it leads to higher cholesterol and obesity.

#04

Sugar and honey both being sweet, their taste can never be compared. Honey has a unique flavour that can be very useful and superior in many foods and beverages.

#05

Sugar is processed more than honey. As it goes under more of processing, it loses its healthy components. Honey is mostly eaten raw or even if it goes under process, it faces less processing hence it does not lose much of its healthy components.

#06

Honey has been a natural sweetener for centuries and is frequently marketed as superior to sugar. It is made by honey bees from the nectar of various kinds of flowers. Honey is also known as the Nectar of Gods.

#07

While sugar is 100 per cent sucrose, honey is made up of around 75 per cent sugars. The remaining 20 to 25 per cent is water with a trace of protein, a trace of fat and a trace of fibre.

#08

Honey contains small amounts of plant acids, waxes, gums, pigments and volatile oils which have antioxidant and antibacterial properties.

#09

Fructose is sweeter tasting compared to glucose, and this is why so much fructose is being put into our processed foods today. Fructose doesn’t convert to energy very fast like glucose does. Because of this, processed foods that contain high amounts of fructose will be converted to fat more easily than honey.

#10

Honey contains other beneficial ingredients that have antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that aren’t contained in sugar.


Like it? Share with your friends!

Aquarius | Graphic Designer | Blogger | Pretty Little Liars | Cat Lady | Bibliophile | Red Velvet Cheesecake | Indian

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Choose A Format
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals

Send this to a friend

Hey, I found this article on BuddyBits. Check it out.

https://buddybits.com/2017/05/honey-vs-sugar/