One good thing about music is, when it hits you, you feel no pain. And, Arijit Singh’s voice is like that ever lasting memory, you have no escape from. When you hear him sing, your body freezes in the moment leaving your mind absolutely compelled to this voice.
His soulful performances have a magical way of calming you down. Be it a new creation or an old Bollywood song, he melodiously will tune in with perfection. And, this young living legend of the Bollywood industry is celebrating his 31st birthday today.
But what makes this singer a special one? Here’s a flashback of his lesser known life facts that will make you fall in love with him even more.
1. Arijit Singh’s father is a Punjabi and mother a Bengali. His maternal side family was always into music and hence, his childhood dream was to become a singer.
2. He was trained under the Hazari Brothers at the age of 3. He earned a scholarship from the government of training for training into vocals in classical music at the age of 9.
3. His interest in music grew because of his mother who sang and played tabla.
4. At the age of 18, he participated in a reality show Fame Gurukul in 2005.
5. During the show, Sanjay Leela Bhansali recognized his talent and asked him to sing ‘Yun Shabnami’ from Saawariya. Unfortunately, during the production, the script changed and his song was never released.
6. His first song was “All for one” from High School Musical 2 and it was composed by Shankar Ehsan Loy
7. He also sung for TV Shows Track like – “Hum Hai Deewane” Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon and “Dadagiri” featuring Sourav Gangu
8. When asked about his struggling days in Mumbai, he said,
“One has to suffer pain to reach their destination, those days when I failed to get work, I thought about quitting and going back in my hometown, but I realised that one should concentrate on one’s work no matter what happens.”
9. Arijit’s favourite singers are: Ghulam Ali, Jagjit Singh, and Mehdi Hasan.
10. Apart from Music, Arijit has a keen in photography, cycling and Bengali novels.
11. He’s also a badminton player, writer, movie fan and a documentary maker.
12. Arijit Singh has made appearances with long hair and beard. When questioned about his looks, he reasoned that he doesn’t get time to cut his hair or shave in Mumbai.
13. “Tum Hi Ho” from Aashiqui 2 was a breakthrough for the singer in the Bollywood industry.
14. Arijit Singh owns an NGO named Let There Be Light which works for the Below Poverty Line (BPL) community. It aims to include activities like bloodbank camp, distribution of clothes, books and more for the underprivileged children.
15. Arijit has sung round about 212 songs in his entire career. And we wish him to come up with more.