[Warning: Article contains major spoilers. Do not read if you haven’t watched Andhadhun.]
Andhadhun is one of the finest movies ever made in Indian cinema. You’ll find such gripping thriller very rarely in Bollywood. From the first scene to the very end, the plot keeps you at the edge of your seat. And as the plot moves forward, totally unexpected twists make it nearly impossible for you to predict what will happen next.
This is one of the rarest Hindi movies that haunted the audience long after the movie.
While we come across tons of fan theories of English and American shows such as Game Of Thrones, this is the first time, people are so blown by a Hindi film that they are coming up with their own theories.
One such theory I came across today literally blew my mind. The theory suggests a strong connection of the plot with the cat. Cat is one of the most important elements to the plot as we all know.
So important that even film’s poster has Cat and not co-stars Tabu and Radhika Apte.
Sulagna Chatterjee writes in a Facebook post,
I was thinking about why Akash had a cat in the film. It could’ve been any other pet. Why a cat?
And then her theory unfolds and surprises us just as the plot of the movie. Read on.
I have a theory about #Andhadhun. Sriram Raghavan, you genius.
I was thinking about WHY Akash had a cat in the film. It could’ve been any other pet. Why a cat?
Mythologically, cats are said to have nine lives. They’re the animals which are said to survive nasty accidents which usually others don’t.
Akash survived almost nine such incidents.
1. The first scootie accident. The accident could’ve been worse and more lethal. AKASH SURVIVED.
2. The piano scene. Obviously, one screw-up and he’d have landed up dead.
3. When Manohar followed Akash home while looking for the cat. LETHAL. DEADLY. SCARY.
4. The sweet that turns him blind. OMG IT COULD’VE BEEN DEADLIER.
5. When Manohar tries to kill him AGAIN.
6. KIDNEY TRANSPLANT SURGERY. Nuff said.
7. The hospital scene(s) – When Tabu almost kills him.
8. And obviously, the final CAR scene.
AKASH HAS NINE LIVES.
MIND = BLOWN.
Truly, mind = blown! Do you have any crazy fan theory? Share in comments below.